Our research group is interested in the broad field of evolutionary genetics. Among the themes we are actively involved in research are the following:
- Population genetics of MHC genes
- Understanding of selective regimes shaping balanced polymorphisms
- Deleterious consequences of natural selection
- The interaction of natural selection demographic processes
- Selection in admixed brazilian populations
Our research includes both bioinformatic analyses of publicly available data, as well as of datasets generated by us.